Many programs are moving to a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) model. This allows all students to come equipped with laptops or mobile devices to use in their learning activities. The following tips and suggestions were created to help you bring these devices into your classroom teaching.
- Think mobile first. Over 85% of Conestoga-ites are bringing a phone or tablet into class.
- Test out your planned activity. Use your phone simulate a student experience.
- Use the right support website for the tool, like support.office.com for Office 365 apps.
- Post links to supports. Use a shortlink generator, or get students using the D2L Brightspace Pulse app.
- Make exemplars that show what participants are driving towards.
- Plan to be a roving support, or partner students to help each other.